Should I Hire a Fairfax County Reckless Driving Lawyer?
We realize that for many people, this is a tough question…
Why Should I Hire a
Fairfax County Reckless Driving Attorney?
Hiring a lawyer for a Fairfax County reckless driving charge will benefit the represented party in several ways. First, it should be made clear that no attorney can guarantee results. That said, it is our strong belief that an attorney does make a difference. Below, our Fairfax reckless driving lawyer will first highlight a few of the practical benefits. After that, we list a few of the benefits related to Fairfax County reckless driving representation.
Practical Benefits of Hiring Our
Fairfax County Reckless Driving Lawyer
No matter what the reason is for a court date, it is typically a stressful time for the accused person. Many people want a professional opinion and/or representation to gain peace-of-mind, to understand the penalties they face, and to learn whether or not a viable defense exists. We cannot and do not speak for any other law firm, but at Vincenzes Law, we believe great lawyers ought to be great communicators. What do we mean? The best lawyers go out of their way to serve their clients…they do not simply show up for the specified court date.
To be specific, here are a few benefits one will receive simply by hiring our competent, active, and experienced Fairfax criminal lawyer and reckless driving defense attorney from Vincenzes Law, PLLC:
- Detailed explanation of what to expect before, during, and after your court date
- Instructions and advice related to parking, when to arrive, how to dress, where to sit, and what to bring (or leave at home)
- The fines one may be assessed, as well as Virginia DMV points, plus where and how to pay, and what to do if paying any fine and/or costs is not possible
- Driver’s license related consequences and advice going forward
- Ability to reach a plea deal (or sometimes, ability to negotiate a dropped charge) before a case is called. Note: non-attorneys are not able to negotiate with officers or prosecutors on the date of the court hearing, but we are, and regularly do.
- Easy online-access to pay via credit card (ask about payment plans if finances are an issue), ask our attorney questions, or upload important documents pertinent to your case
Again, we do not speak for other lawyers, but these are a few of the ways our law firm and Fairfax reckless driving lawyers go out of the way to keep clients informed and at ease. The next section discusses the legal benefits one will receive when hiring our Fairfax reckless driving lawyer and criminal defense attorney.
Case-Related Benefits to Hiring Our Fairfax Criminal Lawyer and Reckless Driving Attorney
While many of the aforementioned non-legal benefits involve communication, peace-of-mind, and stress relief, the main reason why anyone hires an attorney is to protect their rights, to obtain a favorable outcome given the facts, and to gain knowledge and understanding about the charges they face. Here are a few of the case-related benefits our clients receive:
- Initial consultation (at no-cost) either by phone or in-person, to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the case
- A special meeting (either online, by phone, or in-person) to learn the client’s number one goal(s)
- A professional analysis of possible defenses to a reckless driving charge, including subtle legal nuances you probably have never even considered (e.g., an officer’s radar calibration certificate must contain specific details, or else the charge is dropped)
- Negotiation before the case is called with the police officer(s), Commonwealth’s Attorney(s) (prosecutors), and any other relevant parties. The goal is to reach a favorable bargain or to persuade the prosecution that dropping the charge is the right thing to do, given the circumstances
- Explain what a driving and criminal record may mean to the posture of the current case
- If no acceptable deal is reached, the client always has a right to go to trial. Our Fairfax County reckless driving lawyer will call witnesses, cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses, provide a strong opening and closing statement, make various motions, and advocate for the client*
- And much more…
*The trial-tactics, including whether to call witnesses, use various forms of evidence, make motions, etc. are case-specific. It is always the defendant’s right to testify if he or she so chooses, and it is always the defendant’s choice whether or not to accept a deal or go to trial. However, before making a decision, your lawyer will explain the consequences, alternatives, and possibilities so that any choice an informed choice.
It would be impossible to list every single possible benefit to hiring a Fairfax County reckless driving lawyer, because they may differ on a case-by-case basis. The benefits on this page are some of the most common. One of the key offerings from Vincenzes Law, PLLC, and our Fairfax criminal lawyer, is ease of doing business. For example, sometimes people automatically assume that hiring a lawyer is not within their budget. We understand this concern, and to help, we offer competitive flat fees, free consultations, numerous discounts, and will even discuss the strengths, weaknesses, and possible defenses before any fee is due.
Instead of charging clients by the hour, our flat fee structure enables prospective and potential clients to learn how much they will need to budget for legal representation. And once again, if finances are a concern, we do offer monthly installment payment plans depending on your circumstances. Since reckless driving in Virginia is a criminal offense punishable by a jail term and thousands of dollars, we strongly encourage you to contact our Fairfax County reckless driving attorney for a consultation as soon as possible.
The best way to reach us is by phone. If you prefer to ask a question or contact us via email, that is perfectly fine. See our contact details below.
Toll Free: (if dialing from a land-line, dial 1 first) – 888.695.6565
Consultation or Question Form: Click Here
Direct Email: Brent@FairfaxCountyRecklessDriving.com
More Resources to Learn About Fairfax County Reckless Driving
- For more information about Virginia Reckless Driving Laws, visit our Virginia Reckless Driving Laws page.
- To find out when your court date is, or the specific reckless driving offense you have been charged with, visit the Virginia General District Court case information page.
- Remember: reckless driving is not a prepayable offense. The points assessed can be checked here (the Virginia DMV website).